A FEW YEARS ago, as this writer recalls, an American evangelist had declared in a speech made in the presence of a state governor that all those who do not believe in Christ are going to Hell “with a one-way ticket”. Now we have a hellish refinement of this pious prediction, according to which even good non-Christians go to hell. The other day, while blessing the opening ceremony of the American embassy in Jerusalem, Israel, pastor Robert Jeffress, described by the media as “an American church leader and spiritual adviser to President Trump”, said, “God sends good people to Hell. Not only do religions like Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism – not only do they lead people away from God, they lead people to an eternity from God in Hell”.
In neither case was this Hindu writer surprised at these Christian curses. For as per the Bible these preachers are preaching just what Christ, Son of God, and his Father, the Christian God, command them to preach. Just a few quotable quotes in point :
Christian God’s Commands
- Thou shalt not bow down thy self to them (other gods) …. For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the father upon the children upto the third and fourth generation…. (Exodus, 20:5)
- Of the cities of these people (the unbelievers)…. Thou shalt leave nothing that breathes, (Deuteronomy, 20 : 16,17)
- Kill every male among little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man…. (Exodus, 11:17-18)
- I shall ….send the teeth of the beasts upon them (the unbelievers) with the poison of serpents…. (Deuteronomy, 32:24,25.)
Commands of Christ, Son of (Christian) God
- These enemies of mine that did not want me to become king over them, bring here and slaughter them before me. (Luke, 19:27)
- If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brother and sister, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke, 14:26)
- He that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark, 16:16.) These shall go away into everlasting punishment. (Matt, 25:46.) (They shall be) cast into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. (Mark, 9:45.)
- Perhaps men think that I came to cast peace on the world; and they do not know that I came to cast division upon earth, fire, sword, war. (Thomas, 10.)
There are many more such quotes in Dan Barker’s monograph Why Jesus.
The biggest irony for Bible-thumping preachers is that it was Israeli researchers who discovered the Dead Sea Scrolls which revealed that their Bible was fabricated from these ancient texts that predate the Bible by anything from 150 to 700 years.